This book contains the Top 16 do-in-a-day circular walks in Hadrian’s Wall Country.
The course of Hadrian’s Wall runs through a varied and inspiring landscape ranging from the tranquility of the Solway Estuary to the rugged uplands of the central section of the Wall. It is rich in archaeology, wildlife and geological interest.
This set of walks and itineraries presents some of the best walking in Hadrian’s Wall Country. You can concentrate on the Wall itself or sample some of the hidden gems just waiting to be discovered – the choice is yours.
Make a day of it by visiting some of the many historic sites and attractions along the walks and dwell awhile for refreshment at the cafés, pubs and restaurants that you will come across. Just pick the walks that suit you and enjoy yourself!
Maps, Photographs, Directions & Highlights
Walking time, Distance & Grade (Easy, Moderate, Strenuous)
Transport information & Places to eat and drink
Suggested Itineraries incorporating the National Trail
Other walks in the area
List of Walks:
1 Fort-to-Fort (North and Sound Tyneside)
2 Around the Medieval Town Walls (Newcastle City)
3 Wylam to Prudhoe (Alongside the River Tyne)
4 Corbridge and Aydon Castle (Corbridge, Northumberland)
5 Chesters and Humshaugh (Chesters Roman Fort)
6 A “barbarian” view of the Wall (Hadrian’s Wall in Northumberland National Park)
7 Once Brewed, Roman Vindolanda and Housesteads (Hadrian’s Wall in Northumberland National Park)
8 Cawfields to Caw Gap (Hadrian’s Wall in Northumberland National Park)
9 Haltwhistle Burn to Cawfields (Haltwhistle is on the edge of Northumberland National Park)
10 Gilsland Spa “Popping-stone” and Birdoswald (Cumbria / Northumberland borders)
11 Brampton to Lanercost (Cumbria)
12 Historic Carlisle (Carlisle City’s historic quarter)
13 Forts and Ports (Port Carlisle, Bowness-on-Solway in Solway Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty)
14 Roman Maryport and the Smugglers Route (Maritime Maryport on the edge of the Solway Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty)
15 Whitehaven to Moresby Roman Fort (Coastal walk from Whitehaven)
16 Ravenglass (Cumbria)
Hadrian\'s Wall Heritage Ltd Delivery Policy
All deliveries are by post and should take between 5-10 days after the funds clear. Deliveries to UK addresses will be by second class post. Deliveries to other EU countries will be by Airmail. Information on the time of delivery is nonbinding.
Should one or more products not be deliverable, you will be informed as soon as possible.
Please contact us immediately by telephone at 01434 609700 if a product has been incorrectly delivered or has not arrived within the estimated delivery time. Please include your name and address in the email so that we can access your order details. The product will be exchanged for the correct goods as long as they are available. Otherwise, a refund will be given for the full purchase price.
Order modifications and cancellations
You have the legal right to cancel your order within seven working days after the day on which you receive the goods. If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can obtain a refund within 30 days of receipt of these goods.
Cancellations made prior to dispatch of goods will be subject to a refund of the total order amount including postage and packing minus a 10% administration charge.
Cancellations made after the dispatch of goods will be subject to a refund of the total order amount minus postage and packing and a 10% administration charge. Postage and packing costs will not be refunded.
All products must be returned in their original condition before a refund can be given. Returns address:
Hadrian\'s Wall Heritage Ltd
East Peterel Field
Dipton Mill Road
Hadrian\'s Wall Heritage Ltd is not responsible for products which are lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed after receipt. Refunds cannot be authorised in such cases.
Walking in Hadrian's Wall Country
By The Hadrian's Wall Trust
By The Hadrian's Wall Trust
Location: , UK
Other products by this seller...
- Support UsFROM £5.00
- National Trail Guide£12.99
- Illuminating Hadrian's Wall TShirtsWAS £10.00NOW £3.50
- Hadrian's Wall Path 'From the air' DVD £4.99
- Illuminating Hadrian's Wall DVD £4.99
- National Trail Sew on Badge £2.50
- Hadrian's Wall Metallic Badges£3.95
- Hadrian's Wall Black Enamel Badges £2.50
- Illuminating Hadrian's Wall Bag£1.95
- Essential Hadrian's Wall Walking Pack £29.00
- Harvey Map£12.95
- Hadrian's Wall Path Essential Companion£4.95
- Hadrian's Wall Path Footprint Map £5.95
- Summer Passport£2.00
- Hadrian's Wall Guidebook and Archaeological Map£11.68
- Hadrian's Wall Archeaological Map£7.99
- Hadrian's Wall Guidebook £4.99
- Frontiers of the Roman Empire Hadrian's Wall£9.99
- Ancient Frontiers £8.00
- Rucksack Readers Hadrian's Wall Path Guidebook£10.99
- 18 Circular and Linear Walks in Hadrian's Wall Country£2.00
- Walking in Hadrian's Wall Country£3.00
- The Roman Ring £9.99
- minerva magazine£5.00
- The First Souvenirs - Enamelled Vessels from Hadrian's Wall£15.00
- AD122 One Day Rover Ticket WAS £4.50NOW FROM £3.60
- AD122 Three Day Rover TicketWAS £9.00NOW FROM £7.20
- AD122 Seven Day Rover TicketWAS £18.00NOW FROM £14.40
- Hadrian's Wildlife by John Miles£16.99
- Hadrian's Wall Country Postcards - Pack of 10£2.50
- Romans, Architecture and Fish: Photography Workshop - Sat 31st August 2013 £10.00
- Presenting the Romans£40.00
- Island in the Mist by JV Briggs£9.99