Exploring the Geology and Landscape of the Hadrian's Wall Area
This book is about the rocks and landscape of the countryside around Hadrian's Wall. It includes a description of the dramatic scenery in the southern part of the Northumberland National Park. It explores beneath the surface to understand a little of why the countryside looks as it does, what makes it so distinctive, and how it has developed over millions of years. Archaeologists use surviving remains to interpret historical events. Geologists investigate the evidence in the rocks to determine the processes that were taking place long before people inhabited the Earth, and which continue to shape our world today.
By reading the countryside and the rocks within it, we will unravel some of the events which created the landscape we see today, and will see how that landscape has influenced both its wildlife and the people who have lived and worked here. It is a long, but fascinating, journey through millions of years of Earth history.
Hadrian's Wall was an important political frontier zone almost 2000 years ago. Our exploration of the landscape will show that this was a major frontier zone almost 500 million years before Hadrian built his Wall.
Hadrian\'s Wall Heritage Ltd Delivery Policy
All deliveries are by post and should take between 5-10 days after the funds clear. Deliveries to UK addresses will be by second class post. Deliveries to other EU countries will be by Airmail. Information on the time of delivery is nonbinding.
Should one or more products not be deliverable, you will be informed as soon as possible.
Please contact us immediately by telephone at 01434 609700 if a product has been incorrectly delivered or has not arrived within the estimated delivery time. Please include your name and address in the email so that we can access your order details. The product will be exchanged for the correct goods as long as they are available. Otherwise, a refund will be given for the full purchase price.
Order modifications and cancellations
You have the legal right to cancel your order within seven working days after the day on which you receive the goods. If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can obtain a refund within 30 days of receipt of these goods.
Cancellations made prior to dispatch of goods will be subject to a refund of the total order amount including postage and packing minus a 10% administration charge.
Cancellations made after the dispatch of goods will be subject to a refund of the total order amount minus postage and packing and a 10% administration charge. Postage and packing costs will not be refunded.
All products must be returned in their original condition before a refund can be given.
Hadrian\'s Wall Heritage Ltd
East Peterel Field
Dipton Mill Road
Hadrian\'s Wall Heritage Ltd is not responsible for products which are lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed after receipt. Refunds cannot be authorised in such cases.
By The Hadrian's Wall Trust
By The Hadrian's Wall Trust
Location: , UK
Other products by this seller...
- Support UsFROM £5.00
- National Trail Guide£12.99
- Illuminating Hadrian's Wall TShirtsWAS £10.00NOW £3.50
- Hadrian's Wall Path 'From the air' DVD £4.99
- Illuminating Hadrian's Wall DVD £4.99
- National Trail Sew on Badge £2.50
- Hadrian's Wall Metallic Badges£3.95
- Hadrian's Wall Black Enamel Badges £2.50
- Illuminating Hadrian's Wall Bag£1.95
- Essential Hadrian's Wall Walking Pack £29.00
- Harvey Map£12.95
- Hadrian's Wall Path Essential Companion£4.95
- Hadrian's Wall Path Footprint Map £5.95
- Summer Passport£2.00
- Hadrian's Wall Guidebook and Archaeological Map£11.68
- Hadrian's Wall Archeaological Map£7.99
- Hadrian's Wall Guidebook £4.99
- Frontiers of the Roman Empire Hadrian's Wall£9.99
- Ancient Frontiers £8.00
- Rucksack Readers Hadrian's Wall Path Guidebook£10.99
- 18 Circular and Linear Walks in Hadrian's Wall Country£2.00
- Walking in Hadrian's Wall Country£3.00
- The Roman Ring £9.99
- minerva magazine£5.00
- The First Souvenirs - Enamelled Vessels from Hadrian's Wall£15.00
- AD122 One Day Rover Ticket WAS £4.50NOW FROM £3.60
- AD122 Three Day Rover TicketWAS £9.00NOW FROM £7.20
- AD122 Seven Day Rover TicketWAS £18.00NOW FROM £14.40
- Hadrian's Wildlife by John Miles£16.99
- Hadrian's Wall Country Postcards - Pack of 10£2.50
- Presenting the Romans£40.00
- Island in the Mist by JV Briggs£9.99