•FRONTIERS OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE - HADRIAN'S WALL
•GRENZEN DES ROMISCHEN REICHES - DER HADRIANSWALL
•FRONTIERES DE L'EMPIRE ROMAIN - LE MUR D'HADRIEN
The authors: David J. Breeze, Sonja Jilek and Andreas Thiel (this book contains 3 translations, English, German and French)
The Frontiers of the Roman Empire World Heritage Site was created in 2005 and now consists of Hadrian's Wall, the German Limes and the Antonine Wall. This book is one in a series of publications which provides background information on this multi-national World Heritage Site.
This book is split into two parts.
1. Frontiers of the Roman Empire -
•Cultural heritage of the Roman Empire
•The 'Frontiers of the Roman Empire' World Heritage Site
•History and extent of frontiers
•Research, protection and presentation of frontiers
2. Hadrian's Wall -
•The invasion and conquest of Britain
•The first plan for Hadrian's Wall
•The military landscape
•The importance, purpose and later history of Hadrian's Wall
•Life on Hadrian's Wall
•Museums and where to see Hadrian's Wall
•Research, Protection & Management
This book includes colour photographs and images of -
•Stretches of Hadrian's Wall, remains of forts and associated earthworks within the roman military zone.
•Roman Military fortifications in countries which were once part of the Roman Empire.
•Museum artefacts, reconstructed roman buildings, aerial photography and dramatic landscapes.
•Map showing Roman provinces and frontiers in the Hadrianic period.
Hadrian\'s Wall Heritage Ltd Delivery Policy
All deliveries are by post and should take between 5-10 days after the funds clear. Deliveries to UK addresses will be by second class post. Deliveries to other EU countries will be by Airmail. Information on the time of delivery is nonbinding.
Should one or more products not be deliverable, you will be informed as soon as possible.
Please contact us immediately by telephone at 01434 609700 if a product has been incorrectly delivered or has not arrived within the estimated delivery time. Please include your name and address in the email so that we can access your order details. The product will be exchanged for the correct goods as long as they are available. Otherwise, a refund will be given for the full purchase price.
Order modifications and cancellations
You have the legal right to cancel your order within seven working days after the day on which you receive the goods. If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can obtain a refund within 30 days of receipt of these goods.
Cancellations made prior to dispatch of goods will be subject to a refund of the total order amount including postage and packing minus a 10% administration charge.
Cancellations made after the dispatch of goods will be subject to a refund of the total order amount minus postage and packing and a 10% administration charge. Postage and packing costs will not be refunded.
All products must be returned in their original condition before a refund can be given.
Hadrian\'s Wall Heritage Ltd
East Peterel Field
Dipton Mill Road
Hadrian\'s Wall Heritage Ltd is not responsible for products which are lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed after receipt. Refunds cannot be authorised in such cases.
Frontiers of the Roman Empire Hadrian's Wall
By The Hadrian's Wall Trust
By The Hadrian's Wall Trust
Location: , UK
Other products by this seller...
- Support UsFROM £5.00
- National Trail Guide£12.99
- Illuminating Hadrian's Wall TShirtsWAS £10.00NOW £3.50
- Hadrian's Wall Path 'From the air' DVD £4.99
- Illuminating Hadrian's Wall DVD £4.99
- National Trail Sew on Badge £2.50
- Hadrian's Wall Metallic Badges£3.95
- Hadrian's Wall Black Enamel Badges £2.50
- Illuminating Hadrian's Wall Bag£1.95
- Essential Hadrian's Wall Walking Pack £29.00
- Harvey Map£12.95
- Hadrian's Wall Path Essential Companion£4.95
- Hadrian's Wall Path Footprint Map £5.95
- Summer Passport£2.00
- Hadrian's Wall Guidebook and Archaeological Map£11.68
- Hadrian's Wall Archeaological Map£7.99
- Hadrian's Wall Guidebook £4.99
- Frontiers of the Roman Empire Hadrian's Wall£9.99
- Ancient Frontiers £8.00
- Rucksack Readers Hadrian's Wall Path Guidebook£10.99
- 18 Circular and Linear Walks in Hadrian's Wall Country£2.00
- Walking in Hadrian's Wall Country£3.00
- The Roman Ring £9.99
- minerva magazine£5.00
- The First Souvenirs - Enamelled Vessels from Hadrian's Wall£15.00
- AD122 One Day Rover Ticket WAS £4.50NOW FROM £3.60
- AD122 Three Day Rover TicketWAS £9.00NOW FROM £7.20
- AD122 Seven Day Rover TicketWAS £18.00NOW FROM £14.40
- Hadrian's Wildlife by John Miles£16.99
- Hadrian's Wall Country Postcards - Pack of 10£2.50
- Monks, Romans and Vistas: Photography Workshop - Sat 13th July 2013 £10.00
- Romans, Architecture and Fish: Photography Workshop - Sat 31st August 2013 £10.00