Hadrian's Wall is one of the towering achievements of military engineering, and a monument to the power of one of the greatest empires in world history. It was more than just a wall: it was a whole military zone designed to control movement across the northern frontier of the Roman province of Britannia. Great earthwork barriers survive, along with the remains of forts and temporary camps, watch-towers and fortified gates, civilian settlements, temples, cemeteries, bath-houses, roads and bridges. Stretching across the spine of England from the North-East coast to the Irish Sea, the line of the frontier extends for over 100 miles through every type of landscape: from the streets of urban Tyneside, through arable fields, along the crags of the wild Whin Sill, to the sands of the Solway, and down the coast of Cumbria.
Drawing upon the extensive expertise and unrivalled archives of English Heritage, and those of its partners, this map depicts the fruits of modern archaeological research: in field survey, geophysics, excavation, and the analysis of aerial photographs. Using Ordnance Survey 1:25,000 data – the ideal scale for walkers – this new map shows with great clarity all the elements of Hadrian's Wall, and distinguishes between those features that are visible and those that have been levelled through time. A brief text explains the remains on the ground, and how to use the map to find them - including the museums and the best places to visit. This World Heritage Site is now more accessible than ever before, so see the landscape through new eyes.
Hadrian\'s Wall Heritage Ltd Delivery Policy
All deliveries are by post and should take between 5-10 days after the funds clear. Deliveries to UK addresses will be by second class post. Deliveries to other EU countries will be by Airmail. Information on the time of delivery is nonbinding.
Should one or more products not be deliverable, you will be informed as soon as possible.
Please contact us immediately by telephone at 01434 609700 if a product has been incorrectly delivered or has not arrived within the estimated delivery time. Please include your name and address in the email so that we can access your order details. The product will be exchanged for the correct goods as long as they are available. Otherwise, a refund will be given for the full purchase price.
Order modifications and cancellations
You have the legal right to cancel your order within seven working days after the day on which you receive the goods. If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can obtain a refund within 30 days of receipt of these goods.
Cancellations made prior to dispatch of goods will be subject to a refund of the total order amount including postage and packing minus a 10% administration charge.
Cancellations made after the dispatch of goods will be subject to a refund of the total order amount minus postage and packing and a 10% administration charge. Postage and packing costs will not be refunded.
All products must be returned in their original condition before a refund can be given.
Hadrian\'s Wall Heritage Ltd
East Peterel Field
Dipton Mill Road
Hadrian\'s Wall Heritage Ltd is not responsible for products which are lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed after receipt. Refunds cannot be authorised in such cases.
Hadrian's Wall Archeaological Map
By The Hadrian's Wall Trust
By The Hadrian's Wall Trust
Location: , UK
Other products by this seller...
- Support UsFROM £5.00
- National Trail Guide£12.99
- Illuminating Hadrian's Wall TShirtsWAS £10.00NOW £3.50
- Hadrian's Wall Path 'From the air' DVD £4.99
- Illuminating Hadrian's Wall DVD £4.99
- National Trail Sew on Badge £2.50
- Hadrian's Wall Metallic Badges£3.95
- Hadrian's Wall Black Enamel Badges £2.50
- Illuminating Hadrian's Wall Bag£1.95
- Essential Hadrian's Wall Walking Pack £29.00
- Harvey Map£12.95
- Hadrian's Wall Path Essential Companion£4.95
- Hadrian's Wall Path Footprint Map £5.95
- Summer Passport£2.00
- Hadrian's Wall Guidebook and Archaeological Map£11.68
- Hadrian's Wall Archeaological Map£7.99
- Hadrian's Wall Guidebook £4.99
- Frontiers of the Roman Empire Hadrian's Wall£9.99
- Ancient Frontiers £8.00
- Rucksack Readers Hadrian's Wall Path Guidebook£10.99
- 18 Circular and Linear Walks in Hadrian's Wall Country£2.00
- Walking in Hadrian's Wall Country£3.00
- The Roman Ring £9.99
- minerva magazine£5.00
- The First Souvenirs - Enamelled Vessels from Hadrian's Wall£15.00
- AD122 One Day Rover Ticket WAS £4.50NOW FROM £3.60
- AD122 Three Day Rover TicketWAS £9.00NOW FROM £7.20
- AD122 Seven Day Rover TicketWAS £18.00NOW FROM £14.40
- Hadrian's Wildlife by John Miles£16.99
- Hadrian's Wall Country Postcards - Pack of 10£2.50
- Monks, Romans and Vistas: Photography Workshop - Sat 13th July 2013 £10.00
- Romans, Architecture and Fish: Photography Workshop - Sat 31st August 2013 £10.00